10 August 2011

Vogue Italia, July 2011

Yes, I know it's August (already!!) but July's cover and editorial is far too beautiful to not share with you all!








One to watch: Danish model Juliane Gruner

Cover story created by the Vogue Italia dream team:
Guido Palau for hair, Pat McGrath makeup with the photographic talent of Steven Meisel

This cover and editorial story has such a beautiful combination of colours such as deep raspberry, aubergine, rioja red and splashes of dark jade green.
The use of colour enhances the 40's Gucci-vintage feel that sets the tone for the coming season with a dream like finish

Makeup is beautifully understated to compliment the strong colour within the garments.....
With flawless, luminous skin, understated eyes and a focus on lip colour
Admitedly, I'm becoming obsessed with finding the perfect shades of wine red or brown suede, matte lipsticks which is certainly on the trend-wagon for AW2011.
I'm noticing Guido's use of beautiful headwear more and more as opposed to hair styling which is a recurring trend amongst designers such as Gucci, Dior and Prada. This will filter through to the high street this season
Noticed this on various shoots I've assisted on recently including Elle Magazine High St Fashion Supplement.
I myself have never been a 'hat person'.... But as they say- never say never.....
 I suspect I will probably have a collection of them by October!

MX

No comments:

Post a Comment