13 June 2011

Beauty in a Flash



I have been meaning to try this little beauty for a long time, but never seemed to get round to it. I think I was waiting for one of those freebie offers that Clarins does so well to justify buying it.  Finally got myself a tube last week! Clarins also has a great offer on right now at Boots so I walked out with cleanser, moisturiser, body scrub, eye makeup remover, eye cream in very generous mini sizes plus a mascara- for a bargain price, all in the name of research of course!  I put the Beauty Flash Balm to the test the following day and had a few compliments on my skin which is always a good sign.



  • Beauty Flash Balm is a light textured cream that you wear under your makeup for a brighter complexion.

On the tube it says that it 'brightens and tightens' to be worn under makeup for 'a beautiful appearance in a flash'.  I see it as a cross between a primer and illuminator such as Mac Strobe Cream.
I found the texture to be more nourishing than Strobe, which does have the tendency to look a little too luminous if you're after a more natural look. 

  • It's not a product I would wear every day, not only is it too pricey for that, but I would save it for either a night out when you want to look your best or the day after a night out when your complexion needs a boost!
  • It also has the added bonus that you can use it as a mask to energise and soothe your skin when left on for 10-15 minutes.  Think I'll give that a try after dinner, my complexion needs all the nourishment it can get after my weekend. 
Rating: 9/10

While we're on the subject of illuminators, I thought I'd introduce you to Mac Strobe Cream which I have already mentioned earlier.

I love to wear strobe under my foundation for a night out as it gives your skin a really lovely luminous glow.

It's also great on arms and decolletage if you're wearing something strappy.

I would never want to be caught without it in my kit on a shoot thats for sure! On camera it really picks up and gives skin a fresh glow. If you layer it up, it can give the skin an almost plastic  finish which looks amazing across collar bones and on the hands.

It also comes in a more liquid formula that has more golden tone called Strobe Fluid. I have both in my kit but to be honest I prefer the Strobe Cream.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment